St. Patrick’s Day Mint Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pies | Community Spirit
The Beau Rivage stopped by to cook up a very St. Patty's style chocolate chip whoopie pie.
Here is the recipe:
Unsalted butter 1 cup
Salt 1 1/2 tsp
Peppermint Extract 2 tsp
Baking Powder 1 Tbsp
Sugar 1 1/2 cups
Large Eggs 3
All-Purpose Flour 4 1/2 cups
Milk 1 cup
Chocolate Chips 2 cups
Green food coloring to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400’F.
2. In a mixer on medium speed cream together the butter, salt, extract, baking powder, and sugar.
3. Next add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
4. Now alternate the flour and milk on low speed until you have a smooth batter.
5. Add chocolate chip and coloring.
6. On a parchment cover sheet pan, using a small ice cream scoop make small cookies about an inch wide.
7. Bake for 8 minutes rotating half way through. Immediately put cookies on a cooling rack as soon as they come out of the oven.
Mint Chocolate Filling:
Chocolate Chips 4 cups
Corn syrup 2 Tbsp
Unsalted Butter 4 Tbsp
Heavy Cream 1 1/2 cups
Peppermint Extract ½1/2 tsp
1. In sauce pan on high heat bring heavy cream and corn syrup to a boil.
2. In a bowl have the chocolate chips, butter and peppermint extract.
3. Once cream mixture comes to a boil immediately pour over the chocolate mixture so it melts and whisk together until fully incorporated.
4. Let the filling refrigerate for an hour so it come to room temp and then whip on mixer at high speed until light and fluffy.
5. Put into a piping bag and fill between two of the whoopie pie cookies.
Here's a look at the Beau Rivage's March Buffet series menuIrish Favorites:GUINESS BEEF STEWSHEPHERDS PIEIRISH LAMB STEWSAVORY STUFFED PORK LOIN, IRISH WHISKEY GRAVYCOLCANNON POTATOESBRAISED CABBAGE WITH BACONDILL CARROT